Humour : TW 10 Commandments

Subject: Humour : TW 10 Commandments
From: WRONECKI Frederic DG <frederic -dot- wronecki -at- FRANCETELECOM -dot- FR>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:20:21 +0200

All these discussions about what may be said on this List and how, combined
with my personal feeling as a non-English native member who has to struggle
with 50 (long) postings every day, lead me to propose what follows :

1 - Thou shalt be brief : proofread thy prose to avoid verbosity, shorten or
summarize quotations when replying.
2 - Thou shalt honor thy fellow listmembers : express thyself with elegance
and dignity, let thy reply "rest" for some hours before sending it, never
insult anyone, be willing to help.
3 - Thou shalt check, and quote, thy sources when giving a precise answer.
4 - Should thy posting bear no apparent relation with TW, thou shalt explain
to what extent it is relevant to the List.
5 - Thou shalt refrain from adding thy prose to a discussion that trails
into infinity, unless thou canst offer a significant input.
6 - If thou only wishest to reply "Yea" or "Nay" to a member's suggestion,
do it via private E-mail, and rely on the initial sender to post a result of
the poll.
n - Since/Because it is an offence to Me, thou shalt never end a sentence
with a preposition <g>

(PS : I welcome corrections of my "pseudo King James English" !)
Frederic Wronecki (France Telecom, Paris, France)
mailto : frederic -dot- wronecki -at- francetelecom -dot- fr