Another "TWs get no respect" story

Subject: Another "TWs get no respect" story
From: Beth Baxter <bethb -at- MCSDALLAS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 20:15:55 GMT

Hi All,

My boss just told me that the printing company messed up and printed our
manual covers for an upcoming release 1/4 inch too short on both sides (length
and width). Instead of asking the printing company to reprint the manual
covers, they want me to change the margins in the manual.

We use 7 x 8 1/2, which we usually docutech. The docutech folks trim from 8
1/2 x 11 anyway, so it's probably not a big deal to go to 6 3/4 x 8 1/4. But I
can't help feeling that the changing of the margins thing is a Bad (with a
capital B) idea.

I can't think of any specific reasons, it's just gut instinct. However, if
anyone has any reasons I can give my boss why I shouldn't change the margins,
I would be most grateful, and will send many positive vibrations your way.

I've already been muttering under my breath, but if I had a tie on, I'd be
grabbing it and doing my best Rodney Dangerfield right now.

Thanks,

Beth Baxter
Technical Writer
Micro Computer Systems, Inc.