Re: Another "TWs get no respect" story

Subject: Re: Another "TWs get no respect" story
From: "Huber, Mike" <Mike -dot- Huber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 10:01:56 -0400

No kidding! I had a printer situation where the covers were too small
(not the printer's fault - the covers are generated by another part of my
company, and we messed up. Corporate reorganization is not a happy thing.
Since then, I've learned who to bother with stupid questions that don't
officially concern me, so this kind of thing doesn't happen again.) and
the printer, instead of contacting us for instructions, photo-reduced the
manual to fit the covers. The type size ended up too small (DUH!) and the
graphics were a complete mess, because the gray-scale masking created big
blotches. Just about the ugliest manual I ever wrote.