Re: Up and down thing

Subject: Re: Up and down thing
From: Laura J Valentine <fiend+ -at- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 09:44:00 -0400

Excerpts from tech: 8-Oct-96 Re: Up and down thing by "Huber, Mike"@SOFTWARE.R
> In my phone support days, I used to describe backslash as "the one on the
> same button as the question mark."

> I think a couple of years doing phone support is a very good education
> for a tech writer. Not necessarily fun, but very educational.

*twitch*

OK, OK...so I do phone support and email support and web pages...
*twitch*

And they've helped me learn to explain things to the lowest common
denominator without sounding like I'm talking down to them, but still.

Phone support, at least, is not fun. I rather enjoy web design (even if
I do tend towards minimalism sometimes...)

--laura

fiend+ -at- cmu -dot- edu -=-=- http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jacquez/
-=--=- Cthulhu is the Patron Saint of Pittsburgh... -=--=-
Alpha Phi Omega, Kappa Chapter, Carnegie Mellon University