Creating books on the fly from a database?

Subject: Creating books on the fly from a database?
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 15:19:32 +0000

Hello all

We're trying to start a bold new adventure, and I hope somebody else
has already had some experience in this area.

We produce curriculum materials. The skeleton of a particular book is
a task list. Each task on this list has one or more objectives
associated with it. Each of these objectives includes written
information, graphics, and/or other media.

We want a way for customers to build their own curriculum by
selecting tasks from our collection of task lists and receiving all
of the objectives (and their accompanying information) that go with
each of those tasks. They might end up creating a book made up of
"pieces" from 10 other books. It has been suggested that we put
all these pieces in a database (Oracle). Has anybody done anything
like this?

Thanks
Tracy

Tracy Boyington trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
http://genesis.odvte.state.ok.us/cimc/home.htm