QUERY: Equation-to-graphic converters?

Subject: QUERY: Equation-to-graphic converters?
From: Frank Watson <watsod -at- LDD -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:02:48 -0500

I apologize if this is off-topic, but I'm hoping that somebody in this group
might have some ideas about how I might approach a problem I am now facing.

I am in the initial phase of a project to convert documentation from WP5.1
to Frame to HTML or directly from WP5.1 to HTML. (The project has several
different related parts.) Many of the documents contain equations, ranging
from simple to complex. I have found a nifty little program -- wp2html --
that converts text, but not most graphics or equations.

I have conducted multiple web searches and have come up blank. Does anybody
know of a shareware program that can convert equations to .GIF files, which
can be read in HTML? Or perhaps another direction that I might research?

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you don't think this would be of general
interest to the list.

Frank Watson
watsod -at- ldd -dot- net