Intergrief questions

Subject: Intergrief questions
From: Ron Sering CDS <ronser -at- NINJA -dot- CDS -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 16:45:40 MDT

I am trying to devise some strategies to make publishing my manuals through Interleaf a little (well a lot actually) more efficient. I receive material from engineers in Winword 6.0. I convert the .DOC files to .RTF and copy them to Interleaf. Then I use the standard .RTF to Ileaf filter to convert them to ileaf-usable files and copy/paste them into the manual. THEN I apply the components to the raw text.

Are there some better ways to do this, such as:

1) Define a custom filter that reads the fonts coming in from Winword and applies component attributes to them selectively, by font.

2) Purchase scripts from Interleaf or other vendors to do this chore?

--Or are there tips and tricks that I'm missing?

Also, are there discussion groups on the 'net for discussion of Interleaf or Electronic Publishing?

Anything anyone might contribute, even if only condolences, would help....reply personally and I will post the answers on TECHWR-L. Thanks

Ron Sering