Course: Product Usability For Doc Professionals

Subject: Course: Product Usability For Doc Professionals
From: "Jared M. Spool" <jspool -at- UIE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 20:54:37 -0500

If you are a technical writer, training developer, graphic
designer, editor, web author, documentation manager, or
information developer, please join us for

PRODUCT USABILITY FOR DOCUMENTATION PROFESSIONALS
Andover, MA
November 12-13, 1996

This 2-day course is designed to get you exactly where you want to go
-- to a product that your customers learn easily, use frequently, and
love.

__________________
What You'll Learn

Discover techniques that will dramatically change the way you build
products, without requiring any more time, money, or people!

+ Get the information you need to develop your documentation
much earlier in the design process, even before coding begins

+ Lead a diverse development team to consensus on key issues
in just 45 minutes

+ Gather information on how your users work and what
constraints your design needs to address

+ Incorporate the latest usability research on tools such as
On-line Help, Cue Cards, and Wizards

+ Prevent common usability problems by focusing on a few proven
design basics

+ Quickly setup and facilitate inexpensive usability tests to
discover how your users learn and use your product and its
documentation, before you even begin writing

+ Dramatically improve your product's effectiveness with
simple techniques such as tips and hints

The high point of the course is our design competition. Using
everything you've learned, you'll build a fully-working product in
just a few hours. You'll apply your new-found knowledge and have a
blast collaborating with your peers!

This course is taught by Jared M. Spool and Tara Scanlon,
recognized experts in software and documentation usability.

Seating is limited, so register early!

________________
Course Location

We are holding Product Usability for Documentation Professionals at
the Andover Marriott. We have reserved a block of rooms at a special
rate for course attendees. Contact the Andover Marriott
(508-975-3600) before October 25th to reserve your room.

____________
To Register

By Phone: (508) 975-4343
By Mail: User Interface Engineering
800 Turnpike Street, #101
North Andover, MA 01845
By Fax: (508) 975-5353
By Email: Courses -at- uie -dot- com

___ Maybe. I'd like to see the eight-page brochure which describes
the details of this course. Please fax it to the number below.

___ No, I can't attend this course. But I am interested in hearing
about future events.

Name: ______________________________________________
Title: ______________________________________________
Email: ______________________________________________
Address: ___________________________________________
City/State/Zip/Country: ____________________________
Daytime Phone: _____________________________________
Fax Number: _______________________________________

Payment Information:
___ Check enclosed (Payable to User Interface Engineering)
___ Purchase Order # _________ (PO must be faxed with registration)
___ Mastercard
___ Visa
___ American Express
___ Discover

Substitions may be made at any time. We will accept cancellations
made two weeks before the course, subject to a $40 service charge.
Confirmed registrants who do not attend or cancel within two weeks of
the course will be issued a credit for future courses.

All cancellations must be made in writing.