45 in pespective

Subject: 45 in pespective
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 11:25:37 -0500

Just to put this "45 years" business in perspective, don't
forget that someone who is currently 45 would have been 33
or thereabouts when the first PCs hit the office; they
would have been even younger (in their 20s) when mainframe
terminals became abundant. So if any problem exists, it
likely begins much earlier than in one's 40s. FWIW, my
personal experience is that there are two types of people
in the context of technology: those who embrace change and
force themselves to adapt, and those who don't. I've met
both among my young friends, and both among my parents'
generation.