Re: FW: FW: Word Masterdoc problems

Subject: Re: FW: FW: Word Masterdoc problems
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:39:53 -0700

Please, could this discussion go offline or to a relevant forum or listserv? I've included an excerpt (below) from another post by Vicki Tsigaridis that contains information about other lists available.

-------------Start of excerpt---------------------
1. ====================================
DTP-L is occasionally useful for FrameMaker,
Interleaf, etc. info. Seems most people are
QuarkXpress & PageMaker brochure makers vs.
technical documentation folks. I am in a
continuing debate with myself to quit this. There
are several active techwr-l types who also post to
this list.

TO: DIGESTIF -at- antigone -dot- com
SUBJECT:
BODY: SUB DTP-L Vicki Tsigaridis

(this is strictly DIGEST -- 6 ~ 12 messages/digest)

2. ====================================

Word users (out of Germany) goes from newcomers too
lazy to RTM to pros willing to help you defeat the
problems of Master Doc. Strictly Word, but I think
NOT strictly WinWord. I have not recognized any
names from techwr-l so far, but there may be lurkers.

TO: mxserver -at- ufobi2 -dot- uni-forst -dot- gwdg -dot- de
SUBJECT:
BODY: SUBSCRIBE WORD-PC Vicki Tsigaridis

(there is a DIGEST option)

3. ====================================

WinHelp - Just signed on here; seems high level.

TO: listserv -at- admin -dot- humberc -dot- on -dot- ca
SUBJECT:
BODY: SUBSCRIBE WINHELP Vicki Tsigaridis

(may be WINHELP-L, but try the el-less version first)

This is really WINDOWS help, not WinWord+compiler
help, although there seems frequent mention of RoboHelp.
Other products and plain Windows are much more frequently
cited.

4. =====================================

RITM (Telecommunications and Information
Marketing) I have just joined and am waiting for a digest

TO: listserv -at- uriacc -dot- uri -dot- edu
SUBJECT:
BODY: SUBSCRIBE RITIM-L Vicki Tsigaridis

5. ======================================

To subscribe/get help about membership of the *Wordplay list, send messages
to: MAILSERV -at- Levels -dot- UniSA -dot- Edu -dot- Au

The body of the message should contain a line such as:

SUBSCRIBE WordPlay-L YOUR NAME eg SUBSCRIBE WORDPLAY-L VICKI TSIGARIDIS

6. ====================================

For *Copyedit write to: LISTPROC -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU

and in the message text type:

SUBSCRIBE COPYEDITING - L YOUR NAME eg SUBSCRIBE COPYEDITING - L VICKI
TSIGARIDIS

7. ====================================

For *Telecom send a message to: telecom-request -at- eecs -dot- nwu -dot- edu

and in the message type: SUBSCRIBE TELECOM YOUR NAME eg
SUBSCRIBE TELECOM VICKI TSIGARIDIS

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kjolberg -at- msn -dot- com
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com
s -dot- othoudt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net