Re: acceptable error rates

Subject: Re: acceptable error rates
From: Kathy Fisher <kdfisher -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:16:50 -0700

Matthew Stern wrote:

> I never known a company that sought perfection in terms of avoiding
> typos, misused words, and other minor errors. The main concern is
> whether the document is technically accurate and readable.

Point well taken. However, I've worked on reports for a nuclear risk
consultant who submits his findings and recommendations (via these
reports) to various government clients around the globe. If his report
contains avoidable typos or grammatical/punctuation errors, what does
that say about the quality of the work he performs for those clients'
nuclear power facilities? True, we can't always be perfect. But we must
at least strive to be, because in a competitive world, if we don't, the
client will find someone who will.

--
Kathy Fisher
Technical/Business Writing, Editing, Proposals, Manuals, Desktop