RUDE BUT ON-TOPIC: Great moments in error messages

Subject: RUDE BUT ON-TOPIC: Great moments in error messages
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:43:30 +0800

Warning: techwhirlers who dislike the F-word (the one that rhymes with
'duck') are advised to read no further and delete this message.

Last week I posted a message describing some abusive programmer-inspired
error messages. Users were advised that the messages could be disabled
by setting a variable called user-is-pinhead to 'true'.

A list member sent me the following message with a request to 'anonymise'
it so as to protect his former employer.