Re: When a project gets you down

Subject: Re: When a project gets you down
From: "I started out with nothing. I still have most of it left." <sharona -at- INTRANET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 17:19:12 EST

I do any number of things. Choose any and all that work for you.

--I listen to music while I work on something that's especially dreadful
if I can.

--I go home, enjoy a good beer, pet the cats, and read a mystery.

--I complain to my husband (it helps that he's a software engineer).

--I go for a walk. A LONG walk if I'm especially pissed or down.

--I buy myself flowers.

--One word: chocolate. :-)

--I talk to my daughter. Having a family I love puts everything else
in perspective.

--I ask myself whether I will care a year or five years from now about
my current problem. Again, this puts it all in perspective.

You have my sympathies. Been there, done that, and hope I never do
ever again (but the reality of life is that I probably will).

Hope this helps.

Sharona Nelson
sharona -at- intranet -dot- com