Production

Subject: Production
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 09:47:52 EST

We've been preparing for a set of classes to be taught at our branch office
about an hour away. This entails getting pages copied, stuffing them with
tabs into binders, stuffing covers and spines into binders, packing them into
boxes, and shipping them to the branch office. A temp did most of the work,
and we supervised her, getting down and dirty at the end.

I've done this a million times. My coworker, who is also a tech writer and a
temporary transfer from another part of the company, has never done it. Her
part of the company passes it all off to clerical staff.

I can see the merits of both approaches, but I do like being able to check to
see that everything is as I intended it to be, because a clerk wouldn't know
the material as I do. On the other hand, my poor coworker is getting awfully
frazzled from the strain.

What approach do y'all use? (I needn't ask why, right? Y'all will just tell
us without being asked!)

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)