Ice in Traditionally Hot Locations

Subject: Ice in Traditionally Hot Locations
From: Moshe <alsacien -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 19:06:28 GMT

I've been reading the happy endings from so many other writers that it
reassures me quite a lot. It's still much to early for me to make a final
judgment regarding my new job, but it's certainly a giant step in that
direction.

Money is certainly an issue, because nobody likes being taken for a fool.
However, there are other factors as well: respect from others,
acknowledgement of achievements, understanding of what it takes to get a job
done well, and a host of other elements that make up the Zauberformel that
makes a job a happy place to be. After years of clenching my teeth through
jobs that I hoped would become bearable and grasping onto some enjoyable
jobs in companies that were sinking rapidly, I'm truly hoping that this is
the one. What I feel thus far is good; let's just hope the reality test
succeeds as well. I'm talking about a very large, very established company,
with all the good and the bad that goes with that, so that's why I'm not
more decisive in my report. It's nice, though, to come out every day with a
good feeling.

- Moshe