Re: Use Clear Subject Headings

Subject: Re: Use Clear Subject Headings
From: Eric Haddock <eric -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:01:27 -0600

>but I for one
>would rather see much less creative, much more descriptive, i.e., literal,
>subject headings. Anyone else agree?

This sounds like a directive from IBM or Pacific Bell. I can feel the
walls becoming pale and the skies clouding over in a uniform, suppressing
blanket. Shhhh. Variation Is Not Allowed.
Anything that injects a little bit of color in life is a good thing.
Don't we all deal with literal text throughout the day? Can't there be the
slightest break ever? I think so.

Besides which, I understood what the messages you quoted were going to be
like before I double-clicked them. I didn't know specifics, like what the
person was going to be specifically asking advice about for example--but
what subject line could have been a literal description and still come in
under 100 characters?

/`-_ Eric Haddock ------ http://www2.corenet.net/moonlion
{ }/ Technical writer
\ | Engage Networks, Inc. ----- http://www.engagenet.com
\__*| located in the Historic Third Ward of Milwaukee, WI