Re: Need Advice - 5-Year Plan

Subject: Re: Need Advice - 5-Year Plan
From: "Kim L. Shaw" <103205 -dot- 402 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 10:23:23 EST

As someone who spent years working in organizations where I didn't fit the
model, I sympathize with your frustration. But I think it's important to
realize you have to create your own solution. Where do YOU want to be in 5
years? If you like the idea of being a respected staff writer who edits
everybody's work, you're in the right place. If you want to stay with your
company in a better position, try negotiating as others have suggested. If you
can't negotiate, go elsewhere. Consider working for yourself. It's what I did,
and I have never regretted the decision. There are lots of options -- you're
not stuck. Just remember, when you feel you're losing the game, change the
rules!

Kim Shaw
Words & Graphics Inc.
103205 -dot- 402 -at- compuserve -dot- com