Re: Recognition at last!

Subject: Re: Recognition at last!
From: "Virginia J. Link" <LINKVI -at- MAIL -dot- STATE -dot- WI -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:14:28 -0600

To carry on this theoretical economic point, perhaps with (more of) the
masses "out of work," including (some/many of) the technological elite, we
will (finally/again) leave the cash-based economy (where we [try to] sell
our labor to survive) and (move/evolve) to one where everyone who
contributes thrives.

But then, maybe "they" couldn't keep us in these jobs (or we wouldn't stay
when we shouldn't), especially some I've heard about on Techwr-l....

VL
Madison, WI USA

=====================================
Peter Gold wrote:
<snip
Perhaps more specific to this group is the issue that musicians, for example
have experienced, namely that one synthesizer in good hands can put 30 live
musicians out of work. Similarly, one good writer with mastery of writing,
tools, and resources to support the effort can sooner or later put many more
out of work, even at the "end of the day" him/herself.

There are some people whose positions teach them to see information
development as just another assembly line that needs technologies to speed
up production and reduce costs. Isn't this what's really happening?
end snip>
Peter Gold pgold -at- netcom -dot- com