[no subject]

From: "Bailey, Doug S" <dsbailey -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:06:43 -0600

Subject: Re: unrequested attachments may contain virus

>"WINMAIL.DAT" is an attachment which is the brainchild of Billy G and the
>boys from Redmond. It's automagically attached to all outgoing messages from
>MS Mail based systems, especially those involving either NT or 95, and no
>one has yet come up with a reliable way of shutting it off. Though I've seen
>no small number of solutions offered, none has reliably worked. And so every

Um, how about unchecking the "Always send to this recipient in
Microsoft Exchange rich-text format?" check box? This is found in
the properties window for a given email address. If you tell it not
to send the rich text formatting info, you shouldn't get the WINMAIL.DAT
file.

Sounds like a winning solution to me...

Doug