Spellcheckers (slightly off topic) was Re: Re[4]: Killer -Reply

Subject: Spellcheckers (slightly off topic) was Re: Re[4]: Killer -Reply
From: Laura J Valentine <fiend+ -at- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 16:44:00 -0500

"Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU> writes:
> Eric Haddock <eric -at- engagenet -dot- com> wrote:
> >Why, even as I was spell-checking this email, the checker didn't
> >recognize "abend."

> My spell checkers do not recognize most computer terminology.

Interesting story: I used to use WordPerfect 5.1. One day, as I was
spellchecking a document I had typed for my father, the program
recognized a 15-letter medical word, but refused to suggest
alternatives for a 4-letter word where I had transposed 2 letters.

--laura

fiend+ -at- cmu -dot- edu -=-=- http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jacquez/
-=--=- Cthulhu is the Patron Saint of Pittsburgh... -=--=-
Alpha Phi Omega, Kappa Chapter, Carnegie Mellon University