Re: Killer -Reply

Subject: Re: Killer -Reply
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:44:08 +0000

Kris:
> My question was really rhetorical. Your post (and other similar
> ones) define "abort" and "stop" from your (or the poster's)
> perspective, not the audience's.

No. In this case, I *am* the audience.

As I said, I don't write computer documentation. I have never
*written* the word "abort" with this meaning in mind. In fact, I
work on medical-related materials, so I'm generally *write*
the word "abort" with its medical meaning in mind. But when it's used
in computer documentation, I read it and understand it in that
context.

But I'm not the only audience, and I doubt I'm YOUR
audience, which is why I think there needs to be some kind of study
done -- or at least ask a few members of your audience. If they're
offended or confused, change it. If not, leave it alone.

BTW, Kris, your posts always appear as one long string of text with
no line breaks. The only way I can read them is to reply to them and
insert line breaks into the quoted text.

Tracy

Tracy Boyington trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
http://genesis.odvte.state.ok.us/cimc/home.htm