Re: Results of "Tool" survey

Subject: Re: Results of "Tool" survey
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 15:03:28 -0800

At 01:23 PM 11/14/96 PST, Deborah Meltzer wrote:
>But I also have the impression that if you want to end up with both print
>documentation and online help systems, a tool such as RoboHelp may be a
>better way to go. Forehelp can accomplish this as well, but the print
>documentation may require more format tweaking using Forehelp than it would
>using RoboHelp. Because RoboHelp is designed as a single sourcing tool for
>both print and online documentation and Forehelp is designed primarily as a
>help authoring tool, I would actually hope that this was the case.

Having used both Doc-to-Help and RoboHelp, I would say that both tools can
produce paper as well as WinHelp files. Doc-to-Help favors print output with
Windows help as the secondary emphasis; RoboHelp favors Windows help with
print output as the secondary emphasis. I have never used ForeHelp.

--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040