HelpMeister

Subject: HelpMeister
From: Edward Savitz <sg94cshj -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 22:03:08 -0500

Help Stats
__________

One of my colleagues told me (and she is really into statistics like
this) that the number one growing industry for tech writers in the first
5 years of the new millenium will be in writing on-line mauals in
contextual help.

Our culture has moved so far away from paper manuals that would be great
paperweights in hurricane season that the electronic variety has become
the primary help medium.

Within that somewhat narrow field is the demo market. That is, people who
can write *.avi files or *.mov files files that show in the 4th dimension
what is to be done will be gold in the 21st century. The international
market, kidware, lazyware (my phrase) will mandate writers who can
predigest info and feed it to the readership/usership fast and clear.

Pretty cool, huh? Or is it?

Ed Savitz, R.R.A.
Adj. Prof. of Computer Studies
Community College of Philadelphia
sg94cshj -at- dunx1 -dot- ocs -dot- drexel -dot- edu