Re: Context Help & Help Magician

Subject: Re: Context Help & Help Magician
From: byfield -at- DIRECT -dot- CA
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:12:34 -0800

This posting is a two-part request for information:

First of all, can anyone direct me to any articles or books
about context help? I have a number of books about online
documentation in general (including Horton's), but I'm
looking for something a little more specialized.

Second, I've been asked to develop the context help and the
online manuals for my current project using Help Magician.
Although I've never used it, the program seems easy enough to
learn. However, I was wondering if anybody on the list had any
experience with it. In particular, I'm wondering if there are
any bugs or work-arounds I should know about. I notice, for
example, that it's designed for Windows 3.1--will it compile
properly under Win95? I'd hate to get too far into the project
only to find some unpleasant surprises.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bruce Byfield (byfield -at- direct -dot- ca)
Burnaby, BC, Canada
(604) 421-7189