FileNames

Subject: FileNames
From: "Walter L. Bazzini" <73300 -dot- 111 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 09:02:38 EST

Many thanks for all the responses to my FileName quandary. I tried to keep it
short and sweet by leaving out other, (and older) operating systems that use
long names and mixed case, using DOS and Macintosh as just examples. Silly me!
This *is* TECHWR-L. Actually, half the fun of this list is being able to
discuss (or at least watch being discussed) ad nauseum things that, when brought
up in "real life", at best get a scratch of the head, at worst get a "Who gives
a sh*t?" I guess what I was hunting for was, be it case, style, font or
whatever, examples of what people use to set off file names from the rest of the
text -- and if in fact there are set rules. The responses have been dutifully
printed and filed; the conclusion is (per usual), tailor it to the environment
and audience.

--Walter L. Bazzini
73300 -dot- 111 -at- compuserve -dot- com