Re: Does HTML recognize small caps?

Subject: Re: Does HTML recognize small caps?
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:22:59 -0700

> I've been informed that when a document has been converted to an HTML file,
> text that was originally defined as small caps is automatically converted
> to lowercase. Horrors!

> Can anybody out there suggest any tips or tricks to bypass the problem?

The fundamental problem is that HTML is brain-dead. There are tips
and tricks to bypass various problems, but HTML was never designed
for formatting in the first place. The authors of the Web assumed
that you would use HTML for something stupid then use a link to
download a fully formatted (DTP) document.

Alas, reality is gradually bypassing the original intent....

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
QUALCOMM

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus