TOOLS: Learning Framemaker or C++ first?

Subject: TOOLS: Learning Framemaker or C++ first?
From: Susan Slattery <slattery_s -at- POPMAIL -dot- FIRN -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 19:35:19 -0400

Colleagues:

The post about employers only hiring people with specific skills already in
place prompts me to ask several questions.

I am a technical writer (for those of you collecting job titles, my current
one is documentalist), finishing up art classes on graphic design and
computer graphics. Should I spend money on Framemaker (I already own
PageMaker) and learn it thoroughly on my own, or should I sign up for a C++
class? Could C++ provide a useful bridge to Java and Internet
underpinnings? Are most PC applications written in C++?

Please reply to me. I'll summarize to the list. Thank you.

Susan Slattery
slattery_s -at- popmail -dot- firn -dot- edu