Re: One help file for Win NT 3.5 and 4.0

Subject: Re: One help file for Win NT 3.5 and 4.0
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 13:34:56 -0600

>At 12:12 PM 12/3/96 +0200, Debbie Lampert wrote:
>>Hi All -
>>
>>We are developing online help for a software program that runs under
>>Windows 95 and Windows NT versions 3.5 and 4.0. Naturally, we want to
>>develop one online help file for all 3 platforms.
>>
>>We prefer to develop the online help file using the new Windows 95
>>user interface. If we do this, end-users running Windows NT 3.5 will
>>not be able to read the file, because Windows NT 3.5 uses the Winhelp
>>from Windows 3.1.

I thought NT 3.5 was a 32-bit operating system. Ergo, WinHelp 4.0 files
should run on it. However, I do know that a common problem with NT is
that the .hlp files are automatically associated with winhelp.exe (the
3.1 viewer) instead of WinHlp32.exe (the 4.0 viewer). I'd suggest
checking the .hlp file association.

Mike Wing