Re: Making group work palatable

Subject: Re: Making group work palatable
From: Deborah Holmes <dholmes -at- BOSTONTECHNOLOGY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:38:07 -0500

Mary -

I think this is an excellent assignment for students. They have to learn
how to work in groups, how to agree to disagree and still make
deadlines, and how to negotiate. They also need to learn how to maintain
civil relations with people during conflict and under stress. These are
the issues that drive all workers crazy. Practice, coaching and self
assessment are great ways to face them. Maybe you should co teach with a
career counciling person :-)
Palatable? No. Crucial? you betcha. I'd speak to your current students
about what they need to take away from this experience.

Tell them they'll thank you when they're older!

Deb Holmes
dholmes -at- bostech -dot- com