Re: Framemaker?

Subject: Re: Framemaker?
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 17:02:44 -0800

At 14:38 -0800 12/3/96, Westbrook wrote:

>I expect to graduate with a tech writing degree in a year and was =
>browsing through the job postings on the Usenet. What I kept finding was jobs
>requesting experience with a program titled "Framemaker." I have never
>heard of this app & was wondering if somebody could please tell me what =
>it is and on what platform it runs.

Frankly, Westbrook, I find it more than a little odd that someone going to
school to learn to be a tech writer (a laudable aim, I might add) hasn't
heard of the industry standard application for producing print
documentation. What have you been working in? Word, perhaps? I would ask
the director of the program why you and other aspiring tech writers have
never been told about this vital tech writer tool. You should be receiving
training in it.

- tgr

"Practice is worth more than grammar."

- Italian proverb