Re: My take on Word vs. FrameMaker

Subject: Re: My take on Word vs. FrameMaker
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 10:03:52 -0800

At 10:06 AM 12/5/96 -0600, Mitch Berg wrote:
>5) For managing big, crossplatform, crossmedia projects (and I've done a
>lot of them), Word's not fit to carry Frame's CD case. For example - no
>Word->HTML tool comes close to WebWorks for power, efficiency or ease of
>use. IMHO, of course, but I've used most of them.

Mitch has slipped topic here a bit. WebWorks is indeed a terrific product,
and we love it to death for its industrial strength conversion capabilities,
but it is not a part of the FrameMaker application. (Hence the Word/Frame
comparison breaks down.) WebWorks is a separate and not very cheap
application, but well worth the money if you're doing lots of conversions of
large documents into HTML. Now if they would only improve its - shall we
say, byzantine? - user interface....

--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040