Re: FrameMaker Discrepancy -Reply

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Discrepancy -Reply
From: Chuck Melikian <chuckm -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 15:12:54 -0800

Someone wrote:

# Framemaker knowledge is absolutely necessary to get a tech writing job in
# the Pacific Northwest.

Uhhh, I don't think so. Last time I checked, Portland was still considered
part of the Pacific Northwest. If you came to our company without
FrameMaker experience, we wouldn't be the least bit bothered by it.
We use Interleaf. And we use CyberLeaf for our web publishing (in the
Measurements divsion, I don't know about the Color Printer or Video
Networking divisions).

Chuck Melikian
Worldwide Customer Communications
Tektronix, Inc.