Publishing Tool Djihad

Subject: Publishing Tool Djihad
From: "M. Dannenberg" <midannen -at- SI -dot- BOSCH -dot- DE>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 10:18:56 +0100

Unfortunately there is no one tool that will solve all problems. I
introduced Frame in this company about a year ago and everybody agrees
it's the only way to go for long complex documents. Management of course
doesn't like the thought of having to support two programs, i.e Word and
Frame, but there's just no other way. Frame is just as useless for short
docs, like memos or letters, as Word is for long ones.

In my experience, everybody who's spent a couple of days grappling with
Word on a long document welcomes the switch to Frame and appreciates its
reliability and robustness. Switching is relatively painless because I
provide the templates, so people don't have to worry about formatting.
Working with two systems is a pain, but until Frame sorts out its user
interface, or Word gets a life, I don't see an alternative.

Mike Dannenberg
midannen -at- si -dot- bosch -dot- de
ETAS GmbH & Co.KG