Re: Publishing Tool Djihad (#310477)

Subject: Re: Publishing Tool Djihad (#310477)
From: wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:42:57 MST

Bob writes:

>Why is FrameMaker "useless for short docs, like memos or letters?"
>Unless you need Word output for a client, there is no reason to support
>both Frame and Word. Since I started using Frame, I've never had a reason
>to use Word. My documents range from one to several hundred pages.
>Creating a one pager takes the same time with either tool.

>Bob Morrisette
>writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com

We've used Word for its form capabilities. Some of its
other word processing features are a bit simpler and
quicker to use as well. Nonetheless, I sometimes use
Frame for shorter documents--say, when I want to use
run-in heads. I just don't like the workarounds you
have to use to implement this in Word (either using
a two-column layout or hanging indent with character
styles for the heading text).

Bill Burns
Assembly Documentation Supervisor
wburns -at- micron -dot- com
This message brought to you by W.A.S.T.E.
and your local potsmaster.