Re: Style question

Subject: Re: Style question
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 14:23:30 GMT

In article <n1361831188 -dot- 41820 -at- qr -dot- com>, Dolores Gardner <dolores_gardner -at- qr -dot- com>
writes:
|> Mornin' y'all

[...]

|> so all my fellow esteemed tech writers, is there a rule in a style
|> guide or some unwritten rule that proclaims it is verbotten to have a
|> figure directly follow a section heading?

This is strictly a style convention. One element of doc downsizing
suggests eliminating *all* unneeded introductory text on the theory that
less text is more important than parallel structure for its own sake.
IMO, if you can elide one intro, you probably ought to see if you can
get rid of the others too, at least on a case by case basis.

--
Len Olszewski, "A professional does his best work when he doesn't
saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com feel like it." Alistair Cooke