Marketing Intervention

Subject: Marketing Intervention
From: Tracy Darden <tracy -at- HEALTHCARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 14:17:39 -0600

I currently work for a small software company as one of two technical
writers. I recently finished writing our User's Guide, Programmer's
Guide, and Installation Guide for our next release. Before I sent these
items to the printer, I was told that Marketing was coming up with a new
ad campaign, and would be designing covers to reflect it.

I recently had the opportunity to see these covers (needless to say,
I'm not happy with them). I am wondering if anyone else has encountered
this type of situation within their environment.

Also, there is speculation that our Documentation Department will be moved
from within the Development organization to Marketing after the first of
the year. I am opposed to this move, as I feel technical documentation
and product development go hand in hand. Opinions?

Tracy Darden
Healthcare Communications, Inc.
tracy -at- healthcare -dot- com