HTML Project Manager

Subject: HTML Project Manager
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 11:08:52 -0600

I apologize if this has been dealt with. I looked in the archive and
didn't find anything.

I'm currently putting together a sizeable on-line help using HTML.
Currently, I'm at about 40 pages and I estimate that number will grow by
at least ten. I'm going to have to be updating this in parallel with the
hardcopy documentation I'm creating in Frame.

I need a tool that will allows me to do global search and replace across
all the files in the project. I'd also like it to allow me to view the
pages as I modify them. In short, I need it to do all the stuff the
latest FrontPage beta does, as well as conditionally modify links in all
project files. It would be nice, too, if this product didn't reformat my
HTML and parts of my output in the process. (Let's just say that I don't
care if Microsoft doesn't want paragraph markers between items in an
unordered list. GRRR!)

Does anyone know of a tool that might help me in my endeavor? If you'd
like to reply to me off-list, I'll put together a summary after a few
days.

Thanks.

Chris

--