Re: SCREENSHOTS FOR SOFTWARE ON UNIX?

Subject: Re: SCREENSHOTS FOR SOFTWARE ON UNIX?
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 09:57:47 -0600

SUZANNE PYLE wrote:

> Anybody have any bright ideas on how to capture screenshots for software
> running on UNIX that can then be downloaded or fired up in a desktop pub
> tool on a PC?

If you're using X Windows, you should have a program called snapshot,
which allows you to capture windows, portions of windows, or your entire
screen to xwd files. (If you're using Frame, of course, you can use its
built-in screen capture utility.)

You can then use xv to convert the files to gif format for use on a PC.
At least I think you can...it's been a while since I used xv.

Good luck,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019