Re: CHAT Technical Writing Article

Subject: Re: CHAT Technical Writing Article
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 13:41:34 -0800

For those who haven't had a chance to read this article, I found it very
interesting, primarily because the author mentions how well respected
tech writers are in the US. Reading the article, I felt like such a
whiner!

My favorite reference was to U.S. tech writers being seen as "Technical
Poets." Isn't that great? (I have a poet friend who'd keel over at
this thought--he's seen my poetry.)

Seriously, sometimes we complain a lot about the fact that we get no
respect. After reading this article, it makes me think we have very
little to cry about. I'm one of those people who got into tech writing
because I like to write--I am still amazed someone's willing to pay big
bucks for putting words on paper. I hope I never take that privilege
for granted.