SGML/HTML - training

Subject: SGML/HTML - training
From: Beverley Henderson <n6k -at- COSMAIL4 -dot- CTD -dot- ORNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 13:22:19 -0500

Dear TECHWR-L people,

I would like to hear from you about your experiences with learning SGML
and/or HTML, Web Page design, and Web publishing.

Our organization is preparing more and more documents for Web accessibility.
I am very interested in learning about Web publishing and Web Page design so
that I can partcipate in this effort.

O.J.T. may or may not prove available to me. Self taught is even less
likely. So I am considering pursuing some formal options: workshops,
classes, certificate programs that supply the opportunity to acquire an
expertise and provide credentials.

Please be patient as I list some questions.

Which language do you recommend - SGML, HTML or both? for what functions?

What modes and venues have you found most beneficial?

For initial reading, what do you recommend?

Thanks for your considered response. Please email me directly at the
following address.
_/ Beverley W. Henderson
_/ Technical Editor
_/ Environmental Restoration Publications Services
_/ K-25 Site Bldg. K-1225 Room 240
_/ Oak Ridge, Tennessee
_/ Phone: 423-576-6300 FAX: 423-576-9458
_/ Pager: 873-2914 EMAIL: n6k -at- ornl -dot- gov