Re: How do we measure writer efficiency?

Subject: Re: How do we measure writer efficiency?
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:28:42 -0800

At 01:29 PM 12/13/96 -0800, Bob Morrisette wrote:
>I know this was discussed before when I wasn't interested.
>I've searched the archives and found very little.
>We have been asked to increase our efficiency and
>come up with a way to measure efficiency.

>Are there any groups out there who have found a valid
>way to measure writer efficiency or a way that would
>look valid to upper management? Do we have to define
>metrics to do any measuring? I have until Wednesday
>to come up with a brilliant plan.

In the past I would hear a management proposal and say, "This comes from Tom
Peters" or "This comes from the One Minute Manager."

In this case I say, "This comes from The Dilbert Printiple."

--Wayne Douglass
Verity, Inc. Email: wayned -at- verity -dot- com
894 Ross Drive Telephone: 408-542-2139
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Facsimile: 408-542-2040