Update: Defending my role

Subject: Update: Defending my role
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 15:24:29 -0800

Hi all,

First I'd like to thank absolutely everyone who replied to me, both
publicly and privately. Your comments were all timely and very useful.
(Just what I wanted and needed, in fact!)

Today I gave my presentation, although I managed to get the current project
included. I explained my role in the process to the R&D team, and gave them
a sketchy plan for the spring release. I think that it went very well. As
most of you suggested, I took the opportunity to grab exactly what kind of
role I wanted, and managed to delegate the rest. You were right - once I
saw it as an opportunity, it all came together.

The team has (I think!) new respect for what I do, and they all have tasks
for the new year. I even got a commitment that documentation would be a
priority for everyone involved. (That is, I got the go ahead to yank people
off other tasks.)

Again, thanks for all your input and help! It was most appreciated.

Ginna Watts | gwatts -at- pim -dot- bc -dot- ca
Pacific International Mapping Corp.
4218 Commerce Circle
Victoria, BC Canada V8Z 6N6
Tel (250) 727-0727 Fax (250) 727-3153