Correct syntax: "errored frame" or "error framed?"

Subject: Correct syntax: "errored frame" or "error framed?"
From: Harvey Kaniel <hkan -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 12:57:52 +0200

My client's datasheet contains the following statement:

The XYZ frame includes the Error Indicator bit which shows
if the current frame is "errored frame."

I changed it to "error framed." The client claims this phrase
is an industry standard and should read: "errored frame."
Any suggestions as to which is correct?

If this is not of interest to the list, I will be happy to receive

TIA

Best wishes,

Harvey Kaniel
Technical Writer