[no subject]

From: Steve Evanina <Steve -dot- Evanina -at- SCIATL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 15:36:00 -0500

At 12:57 PM 12/16/96 +0200, Harvey Kaniel wrote:
>My client's datasheet contains the following statement: >
>The XYZ frame includes the Error Indicator bit which shows >if the
current frame is "errored frame."

>I changed it to "error framed." The client claims this phrase >is an
industry standard and should read: "errored frame." >Any suggestions
as to which is correct?

>If this is not of interest to the list, I will be happy to receive

Sorry for the bandwidth, I lost the address of the original poster.

I assume the industry is telecom. In the past I documented T1, T3,
SONET concepts. In this industry, it is an "errored frame", an
"errored second", a "severely errored second", a "consecutive severely
errored second", a "bursty second".

steve -dot- evanina -at- sciatl -dot- com