Re: Interns are good

Subject: Re: Interns are good
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 07:51:37 EST

I can't resist responding to this thread. It seems there are some similarities
between students enrolled in the technical writing program at Portland Community
College and the tech comm majors at Metropolitan State College in Denver. I
think that many of Metro State's students are also pursuing a second degree and,
consequently, they bring a wealth of skills to their Internship experiences.

So far, I've had three Interns from Metro State's tech comm degree program. Two
of the three have worked out extremely well. I'm about to take on my fourth
Intern from Metro State, a tech comm major with a minor in computer information
systems; I'm looking forward to working with her because I have a hunch that
she'll also be a terrific asset. BTW, because I'd prepared a list of 30 great
interview questions, the interview with the new Intern lasted for nearly two
hours; however, both of us felt that time had somehow flown by, and I think we
both learned a lot about each other. If any of you are interested in my
interview questions, please e-mail me privately, and I'll be happy to send them
to you.

Happy indexing ... and happy holidays .... Lori
Lori Lathrop ---------->INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services, P.O. Box 3065, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Office: 303-567-4447, ext. 28 / Fax: 303-567-9306