Re: Initial Capital Letters in Lists

Subject: Re: Initial Capital Letters in Lists
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 11:37:43 +0000

> So here are my questions: What guidelines do you use for initial capitals in
> bulleted lists, and what reasoning led you to make your decision?

We only use initial caps when the list items are complete sentences
(which means we also use punctuation at the end). Part of our
rationale is that we produce instructional materials for (mostly)
secondary and post-secondary students, who may have a shaky grasp on
grammar, and we wanted to give an example of what is a complete
sentence and what is not. A complete sentence, that is. You may well
imagine how much this has affected the students, but it makes us feel
better.

Tracy

Tracy Boyington trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
http://genesis.odvte.state.ok.us/cimc/home.htm