Re: Frame SpellCheck Problem

Subject: Re: Frame SpellCheck Problem
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 15:10:23 -0500

Melonie Holliman:
>About the Frame spellcheck problem, I tested
>this and it seems to work. In the paragraph
>designer, check under advanced. If the language
>chosen is "None", the spellchecker skips that
>paragraph. I bet some of your paragraph tags
>are defined with the "None" option. Change it
>to "English" and you should be o.k.

When I bought my first copy of FrameMaker four years ago, I was advised to
make this change to the NORMAL style definition on all of my template
files. Any new styles I define are built from this NORMAL style, so they
inherit this characteristic. Perhaps that's why I've never seen the sort
of spell-check error that was described here.

PS: I'm obsessive about checking the results of the spell-checker on any
tool I use. I just don't trust 'em. Nope. None of 'em. <grin>

@Kat
Kat Nagel_____________________________katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Techwriting/Editing/Document design/Research
MEDIREF consultant for the Monroe Co. Library System