Re: Using Compare In Word

Subject: Re: Using Compare In Word
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 14:24:02 -0500

Sharon...I don't know what program you are using, but Word version 6 or 7 will
highlight a changed period if that is all that changed, a changed lettewr if
that is all that changed, a changed word (or partial word) of that is all that
changed. I think what you are refering to is the change bar in the margin that
goes along with the underline/strike through changes in the text itself.

John

The only thing to watch out for is that it indicates that an entire sentence
has changed. It will not point to the exact change. You will have to compare
the sentences.

Also, be careful when picking a main document. You can have Word keep the
changes, so you want to make sure that you update the correct document.

Sharon
Rockville, Maryland
srosenth @ manu.com

<Life is short. Eat dessert first.>