Re: State-of-the Art Backup Systems

Subject: Re: State-of-the Art Backup Systems
From: Jerry Kindall <kindall -at- MANUAL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 23:26:55 -0500

Barb Philbrick <burkbrick -at- AOL -dot- COM> wrote:

>I saw that a couple of people recommended the Iomega ZIP, but for me, they
>weren't large enough or cheap enough to use for backups, though they might
>be nice for transporting files.

A friend of mine, who's a graphic artist, really likes magneto-optical
drives. 230 MB SCSI models can be had for about $300 now, and the
cartridges cost less than Zip disks (and are still small enough to fit
into a shirt pocket). Furthermore, they're not susceptible to erasure by
magnetic fields.

--
Jerry Kindall (kindall -at- manual -dot- com)
Manual Labor: We Wrote The Book!