Re: Ph.D.'s

Subject: Re: Ph.D.'s
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 13:45:50 -0600

Yvonne Harrison wrote:

> But as to flashing your Ph.D credentials... I'd only do it when
> necessary. I'll relate my story of my encounter with a Ph.D/University
> lecturer that permanently put me off hiring anybody with letters at the
> end of their name....

Because of this unfortunate example of gross generalization on your
part, I can only conclude that all New Zealanders have a habit of making
gross generalizations. For that reason, I hereby resolve never to hire
anyone with the letters nz in their net domain.

Regards,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019